EmberWood Center has been recognized as a leader in understanding the unique needs of adolescents facing substance abuse issues. Our Adolescent services include:
- Comprehensive assessments to determine the strengths and needs of each individual client. With the information gathered our team can make a recommendation on the best treatment program for the adolescent.
- Outpatient substance abuse treatment for individuals ages 12 to 18.
- Family activities to encourage family support, community involvement, and fun activities that family members can experience together.
- Free after-care services using a community reinforcement approach.
Our program is based on the Cannabis Youth Treatment Project (CYT) Volume 1 and 4, funded by the Center for Substance Abuse Administration, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration, and the US Department of Health and Human Services. All components include an evidenced-based combination of Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). The two programs consist of:
Adolescent Community Reinforcement Approach (A-CRA): 12 week Individual Treatment Sessions and Caregiver involvement.
- A-CRA therapists listen to adolescents; they want to know what’s important to them and help them identify goals and learn how to achieve them. Adolescents learn various skills, such as problem-solving, anger management, drug refusal skills, and positive communication, which help them have a better quality of life.
- A-CRA recognizes that alcohol and drug use is about reinforces, which are rewarding feelings that make us more likely to repeat actions. This is true whether we are hanging out with friends, playing a favorite game, eating a good meal, or smoking marijuana. People who use alcohol and drugs get something out of it – or they wouldn’t keep doing it.
- EmberWood has received a grant to help pay for services for uninsured adolescent clients. Please contact us for more information and to see if your child can qualify for free treatment services.
Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: 8 week Group and Individual Treatment Sessions.
- This is a brief intervention designed to help clients identify coping skills to help them remain clean and sober.
- Skills taught include establishing a social network that will support recovery, drug refusal skills, creating a relapse prevention plan, coping with high risk situations, recovering from a relapse, should one occur, and finding pleasant drug-free activities.
- Clients are able to interact with their peers who are struggling with similar issues and offer insight, support, and accountability during the treatment process.
In addition, we utilize the Adolescent Community Reinforcement Approach and the Assertive Continuing Care models to provide additional support services and access to activities designed to help young people remain alcohol and drug free.
Our doors are open from 9 AM to 8 PM, providing daytime and evening hours to accommodate various schedules. For additional information about EmberWood Center’s transformational work with adolescents, please contact us today at (317) 536-7100.